You're currently in a transitional period, a state of limbo. You've been changing things up a bit of late and are now no longer exactly sure how to proceed. You may be a bit fearful of what lies ahead, and while you will have to give something up to achieve what is important to you, this is not necessarily a negative thing. In order to move forward and develop as a person, you need to let go of old outworn and outdated patterns of thinking and behavior. You have to learn to surrender control of your ego and to trust that which you cannot see. There is always a force far greater than your own at work in your life and although you may find it hard to focus on the mundane day-to-day minutiae right now, you do need to concentrate on what's important: the inner you, the part of you that holds a much deeper set of values. This is a time of spiritual transformation, of transition, sacrifice and renewal. You are on the threshold of a vast expansion of your consciousness and if you're ready to make that leap of faith into the unknown you will not only find yourself a new person; but one with a newfound sense of peace.
12.14.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I've been acquiring an interest in the Tarot cards, not laying out spreads, but in the cards themselves.
ReplyDeleteThis one is particulary interesting. It is shown on the cover of a book edited by Joseph Campbell:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51O6NgyxyWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
The book doesn't say that much inside, only that the hanged man might be a metaphor for 'The Knight in the Cart', a motif in the Arthurian Romances.
Campbell also wrote some more about this card in another book - a weird idea about turning the card upside down, so the man is standing upright, but I don't know any more details. I'm trying to get hold of that book, maybe by Christmas.
You know, Victoria. Prior to your discussions, I really wasn't a fan of Hanged Man. But since he's been hanging around my life for a bit, I've learned to like him and maybe listen to him for a change!
ReplyDelete